Merry Christmas Eve, y’all! Before the end of the year I wanted to take the time to reflect on 2019 because a lot happened.
Obviously I couldn’t include every highlight from 2019 in one collage, but I feel like the one above highlights the biggest moments for me this year.
Best of 2019:
- March: Got a new tattoo on my arm to celebrate all of the books I’ve written so far (and also as a [really] late reward to myself for publishing Clara and Ezra)
- August 10th: Re-released Thicker Than Blood (original release was back in 2014) with a beautiful new cover (curtesy of Hell Yes Design) and interior design.
- September 28th: Finished the first draft of Clara and Daphne at 87,538 words total. This book gave me a lot of challenges, but in the end it was so worth it. I love Clara’s story, and I can’t wait to share this new addition to the series with you guys soon.
- November: Participated in and won Nanowrimo, coming in at 50,021 words total. Nanowrimo project is still untitled, but I stepped outside my comfort zone with this one and wrote nearly every single day –only missed 2 or 3 days.
- Got accepted into Imaginarium Book Festival as an attending author. I’ll see you there May 2nd, 2020!
- Bought a Chromebook that serves as a “travel” laptop for me when I’m away from home, or also when I’m at home and don’t feel like using my full sized laptop. This little laptop honestly can do a lot, and it’s perfect for just focusing on my writing (I don’t get as distracted as I do on my MacBook)
- Video Games: this isn’t something I talk about much here, but video games is a hobby of mine when I’m not writing. So in January of this year my boyfriend bought me Red Dead Redemption 2 –which is an amazing game, by the way– and then sometime after that we purchased a game called Hollow Knight. Hollow Knight brought back my love for video games 110%. Everything from the exploration to the music to the lore of this game inspired me –so much so that I’m still playing this game now and again. I listen to the music daily, especially when I’m writing. (Note: the game pictured in the collage is actually Stardew Valley because between this game and Hollow Knight it was hard to decide. Stardew is my go-to game when I need to relax and take a break from everything else.)
There’s a lot of other memories from 2019 that were great, but these ones were the main highlights for me.
2020 has a lot to live up to, and I already have some things planned for next year, which I’ll be sharing a little later with you guys.
What were your highlights from 2019? Leave them in the comments below, and feel free to share your goals for 2020.
This might be my last post for the year, so in case it is… Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Let’s hope next year is a great one!